Blackstory Partnership in partnership with Birmingham City Council are the official organisers of Birmingham’s Black History Month 2019. As a part of this, we are producing a brochure and website for Black History Month 2019 The brochure will list events taking place in Birmingham during October and we would appreciate if you could assist us by providing details of all events and activities you have planned to celebrate this year’s Black History Month.
- Have you an event or activity that is taking place within the Birmingham boundaries? I mean do you pay your council tax to Birmingham City Council?
- Is your event or activity taking place during the month of October 2019?
- Is it relevant to Black Minority Ethnic (BME) community?
- Does your event or activity involve Young People?
- Do you want to promote your event/activity far and wide across Birmingham?
- Does your event or activity raise awareness about the struggles, triumphs and legacies of BME communities in Birmingham?
- Does your event or activity aim to educate, empower and motivate the wider Birmingham communities about Black History?
If you have answered Yes to most of the questions above, then complete a Submission Form to have your event or activity included in Birmingham’s Black History Month 2019 website.
Deadline for submitting your information is
Friday 2 August 2019 by 7pm
This is Free, there isn’t a charge!
The Blackstory Partnership will not be commissioning any activities or events during Black History Month 2019. We are happy to sign-post you to people or organisations that may be able to help you plan and deliver your activity or event.
THE DEADLINE FOR BROCHURE SUBMISSIONS IS…
Friday 2nd August 2019 by 7pm
ONLINE SUBMISSIONS ONLY
(we are accepting events that will only go on the website. You can still submit events, either complete the pdf form and email us or fill in the form below.